Sales / Makeup Artists - Part Time APPLY NOW
Sales / Makeup Artists who can establish long term relationships with customers and offer them personalized service pertinent to their specific skin and hair conditions.
Should be able to analyze a customer’s skin, offers skin care advice cosmetics and beauty products to the customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses thorough knowledge of the particular products being offered and the cosmetic industry in general.
- Reads and understands information about new products being developed and emerging on the market.
- Attends workshops and seminars on new product lines.
- Identifies skin types and skin conditions and knows the best products for each one.
- Gives product demonstrations for customers.
- Performs makeovers on customers.
- Answers customers’ questions and makes nervous customers feel comfortable and relaxed.
- Helps customers find the products that best suit their skin and hair types.
- Offer customers as many appropriate products as possible.
- Asks customers about any skin allergies and makes them aware of any products they should avoid.
- Makes follow up phone calls to customers and verifies that they are satisfied with the products they purchased.
- Stocks shelves and display counters.
- Manages the product inventory.
- Cleans cosmetic counters and floors.
- Produces sales reports for managers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be well groomed with hair in place and make up skillfully applied.
- Wear appropriate clothing that is clean, pressed and in good condition.
- Have an outgoing personality.
- Have a strong interest in and understanding of the beauty product industry.
- Must be able to keep up with trends and new developments in the industry.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must display self-confidence particularly when conducting demonstrations and performing makeovers.
- Must have a desire to work with the public.
- Must be patient with customers who have many questions.
Education and Experience
- Degree or student from cosmetology school, fashion program or art institute will be an advantage
- Knowledge of beauty products, especially particular lines of cosmetics.
- Work Experience will be an advantage but not mandatory
- Expect to work in a retail store that is climate controlled and brightly lit.
- Moderate noise levels which can escalate during holidays and other busy times.
- Much of the day will be spent standing, walking back and forth behind cosmetic counters and bending to retrieve products from display counters and shelves.
- Fast paced environment, particularly at a popular retail store, with lines of customers waiting to be served.
- Work schedules include both weekend and evening. Additional hours will be required during holidays and big sales.
- CELLPHONE USAGE IS NOT ALLOWED DURING WORKING HOURS! - Zero Tolerance on this one!